The International Research Network on Latin America and the Global History of Knowledge (LAGLOBAL) solicits proposals for papers to be delivered at a one-day international symposium on the global dimensions of Latin American studies, past, present, and future, to be held 21 March 2018 at the University of London Senate House.
Confident that the field cannot be properly understood merely as a product of the Cold War, the symposium will take the long, global view of the field. Papers that examine any of the following are welcome:
- imperial, national and global dimensions of Latin American studies
- formation of collections on Latin America
- comparative and connective analysis of national traditions
- biographies of scholars, associations, institutes, and publications
- networks and circulations of Latin Americanist knowledge
- formation of curricula and training of specialists
- case studies of application of Latin American studies expertise
Submit a 100-word abstract and 1-page CV by 19 February 2018 to José Guevara <email@example.com>. Informal inquiries may be addressed to Professor Mark Thurner <firstname.lastname@example.org>.