American Council of Learned Societies’ Annual K-12 Teaching Webinar for PhDs and Graduate Students
ACLS will offer a virtual presentation for PhDs and graduate students to learn about teaching roles in K-12 schools during a Q&A with people representing K-12 independent and public schools.
We hope this will prepare anyone interested in applying to K-12 independent and public schools for Fall 2022 teaching roles, which are advertised primarily in winter. Teaching at public schools is a less immediate option because of certification and degree requirements which vary by state, so most of our panelists teach in independent schools, which don’t require certification.
- Juan Carlos Aguirre, PhD; English Teacher, Collegiate School, New York, NY; Adjunct Instructor, NYU Opportunity Programs
- Susan Bree, PhD, Classroom Teacher and Curriculum Coordinator, World Languages, Croton-Harmon High School, Croton-on-Hudson, NY
- Liz Fernandez, Administrator, New York State Association of Independent Schools Job Fair and Principal Consultant, JONES
- Katie Holt, PhD, History Department Chair, Emma Willard School, Troy, NY
- Tinia R. Merriweather, PhD, Ethics Department, Ethical Culture Fieldston School, Bronx, NY; Adjunct Instructor, Department of Applied Psychology, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, New York University
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.